Our HR Consulting and Projects Services are for businesses with as few as five employees to as many as a 1,000 or more who need expert consulting and/or project support on an assignment by assignment basis. Our consulting and project support services include:
HR Strategy & Organizational Planning
Having the right HR strategy is important for executing your business strategy and objectives. We help organizations develop a strategy and organizational plan designed to drive performance and meet financial, talent acquisition, and retention goals. We also work closely with clients to develop succession plans, leadership development programs, organizational design, and communications strategies and materials, including in multimedia form.
Compensation Design and Analysis
One of the most important elements of an HR program is compensation. We work with clients to design innovative, competitive total compensation programs that drive organizational performance. When designing programs, our work includes:
- Developing a total compensation philosophy that aligns with the client’s business and that reflects the client’s desired market position
- Determining the right pay mix (i.e., percentage of total compensation comprised of base pay versus incentives and bonuses) for various positions within the client’s workforce
- Designing base pay structures and mapping all jobs into the structures based on market position and job responsibilities
- Designing performance-based short- and long-term incentive and bonus programs that are designed to drive specific behaviors resulting in improved organizational performance
We also support clients in day to day compensation work such as conducting market studies and surveys, compensation planning, writing job descriptions, performing job evaluations to determine exempt/nonexempt status, and analyzing and modeling the financial impact of new or changes to pay programs.
Benefits, Work-Life Effectiveness & Recognition Programs
Benefits, work-life effectiveness, and recognition programs can be a competitive differentiator with respect to employee satisfaction and engagement. We work with clients to evaluate existing programs and design creative new programs in the context of a client’s HR strategy and budget constraints. Our services include:
- Reviewing existing programs and recommending design and/or benefits funding changes that better align with a client’s business goals and HR strategy (Note: For programs provided through a broker, we can also work with a client’s broker.)
- Designing work-life effectiveness programs such as time off, telework, and flexible scheduling, including policy development
- Designing low-cost, yet highly effective programs that recognize and celebrate people performance that drives successful business results
We also support clients in day to day benefits administration such as providing support during open enrollment periods, writing employee communications materials for new hires and open enrollment, and administering ACA reporting requirements.
Recruitment and Onboarding
Hiring the right talent and then retaining them are important for a company’s success. We help clients develop sourcing strategies, establish best practices for interviewing, assessing, and evaluating candidates, and create effective onboarding programs designed to retain talent. We also support clients with day to day recruitment and onboarding by screening resumes, assisting with the development of interview questions for specific jobs, and writing materials for onboarding new hires.
Performance Management and Talent Management
High performing people want to work for organizations where they have the opportunity to grow and advance in their career. Opportunity for advancement is often ranked by high performers as the component of an HR program they value the most. We help clients:
- Create a meaningful but simple process for managing performance assessments and reviews, including how to give specific feedback to employees regarding their performance
- Identify opportunities and tools for developing top talent such as job competencies required at different levels within the organization, career pathing, and special assignments designed to advance skills
We also support clients in managing the performance management process, including providing a summary of performance metrics, ensuring managers complete reviews, and reviewing the quality of the reviews.
Training & Development for Managers and Employees
We provide a variety of training and development programs for managers and employees, including best practices for interviewing candidates, performance management, compensation 101, managing your health plan, and much more. We also develop and design custom training programs based on client need.
HR Practices & Compliance Assessment
We assess clients’ HR practices and compliance with federal and state employment related laws. The goal of the assessment is to ensure that the client’s HR practices are compliant, efficient, and aligned with the client’s business and culture.
More and more organizations are recognizing that HR analytics are valuable for understanding and even predicting business outcomes. We help clients:
- Analyze the current state of their workforce, such as turnover, demographic stratifications within the workforce, and time and cost to hire
- Compare workforce metrics at different points in time to financial and operational metrics to identify potential correlations (e.g., whether an increase in employee engagement correlates and leads to increases in customer satisfaction and profitability)
- Identify and implement metrics for measuring the success of a new program